Pesticide Use Can Cause Cancer

Pesticide Use Can Cause Cancer

Pesticides are generally used to manage and control bugs and pests including weeds. They kill and impede the accumulation of these nuisances in the area. But anything that can kill them, are harmful. Too much pesticide use can cause cancer. Pesticides are a combination of compounds that, when applied or sprayed, deters bugs, animals or weeds. They include but are not limited to insecticide, insect repellent, herbicide, fungicide, avicide, animal repellent and those other things that prevent disease-carrying flying and creeping insects.

The most commonly used pesticide is used to protect plants. Initially these are used to keep our food supply safe. But it is not uncommon to have households use pesticides to make their lawns and garden neat and beautiful. This gave rise to incidences of allergic reactions. Homeowners with children should reconsider the use of pesticides. It has possible links to childhood cancer, particularly leukemia and  non-Hodgkin lymphoma. This is why some people choose to install artificial grass instead. This not only cuts down on health risk and pesticide use but also allergic reactions in general.

There are studies where users of pesticides are known to have a higher cancer risk than non-users. It is more specifically targets the health risk of employees or labourers who comes in direct contact or directly administers it. Farmers, for example, have higher rates of fatal forms of cancer that could be due to pesticide exposure. Pesticide used in growing food can also be harmful. They can seep in and accumulate get into the food. If the food isn’t thoroughly washed, we can get sick from the food. 

Possible signs that you have mild poisoning from pesticide in your system include the following:

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Irritation of the nose, eyes, throat or skin
  • Nausea
  • Sweating and
  • Diarrhea 
  • Weakness or fatigue
  • Insomnia

These signs should not be dismissed. The long term effects can range from vomiting, chemical burns and cancer. Care has to be undertaken when using pesticides. Pregnant and breast-feeding mothers should stay away from it as it can be harmful even fatal for the fetus and babies.